Mono sound output in Ubuntu? Hi, is there an easy way of forcing mono sound output on linux - for one ear, one earphone, one speaker?
You can use the module to remap pulseaudio:
In a terminal:
$ pacmd list-sinks | grep name:
It will send you the name of the stereo output used. Then you type (replacing with the name you have found):
In my case that was:
If you open the Sound Preferences you should now have a mono output available. To have that permanently:
gksudo gedit /etc/pulse/default.pa
Then you add in the file:
1 2 #Remapping output stereo to mono load-module module-remap-sink sink_name=mono master=THE_NAME_FROM_THE_PREVIOUS_COMMAND channels=2 channel_map=mono,mono
Here’s a working example:
- Change Mod1 key to the Windows key in DWM config.h
- Find RAM details (size, make, speed, slots, etc.) in Linux/Unix
- Transfer XP from One Computer to Another | Trick to Bypass BSOD
- How do I configure swappiness? & What is Swappiness?
- Accessing raw partitions with VMDK